Be Careful Where You Step!
Yesterday the family and I went on our usual family trek for creepy-crawlies in the forest above our town. We came back with a few critters, one of them being a giant slug. I agreed that the boys could keep the slug only overnight. After they photographed the grotesque sub-life form, they were to immediately release it outdoors.
I woke up this morning to find the inside of the slug's cage covered with a thick trail of slime up to the top vent and NO slug. This means 1 of 2 things: (1) The slug slimed himself into nothingness, OR (2) he slimed himself down to a size small enough to squeeze through the container's ventilation slits and is now roaming free somewhere in my apartment! GAH! On the bright side, maybe he'll make friends with the still-at-large gecko that presumably resides in our home.
If you'd like to see a more cute, less slimy creature found over the weekend, check out the Bug Brothers' new entry.
I woke up this morning to find the inside of the slug's cage covered with a thick trail of slime up to the top vent and NO slug. This means 1 of 2 things: (1) The slug slimed himself into nothingness, OR (2) he slimed himself down to a size small enough to squeeze through the container's ventilation slits and is now roaming free somewhere in my apartment! GAH! On the bright side, maybe he'll make friends with the still-at-large gecko that presumably resides in our home.
If you'd like to see a more cute, less slimy creature found over the weekend, check out the Bug Brothers' new entry.




:
lol. Hahaha so funny.
Bribe the boys to hunt for it. Surely you have learnt your lesson about keeping the creatures within your own home! No more!!!
PS my word verification is 'barrf'. That is funny too.
How giant is giant? Does the slime trail lead somewhere in the house?
Ellen: Funny coincidence about the "barrf" verification. ^_^ I'll have the boys look for the slug after school, but I doubt I'll have to bribe them.
Speaka: I think it was about 10 cm long. The slime trail only leads up to the lid and then covers it, so there's hope that the slug is no more.
Post a Comment
<< Home