Why I Will Miss Japan (Reason #12):
It's fun to watch Western celebs in stupid commercials on Japanese TV.
We foreign English teachers may make fools of ourselves from time to time in Japan, but at least we don't do it on national television, like many big time Hollywood stars do. Following is a sampling of the kinds of advertisements they do here.
Natalie Portman uses Lux Shampoo so she can look good for B-movie auditions:
This jeans commercial featuring Brad Pitt almost makes Tom Cruise's couch-jumping antics seem sane. He literally makes an ass of himself. I wonder if he'll eventually leave Angelina for his butt:
We foreign English teachers may make fools of ourselves from time to time in Japan, but at least we don't do it on national television, like many big time Hollywood stars do. Following is a sampling of the kinds of advertisements they do here.
This Keifer Sutherland commercial based on his TV series, "24" is so unrealistic. Those Japanese schoolgirls would've been all over him!
Natalie Portman uses Lux Shampoo so she can look good for B-movie auditions:
This jeans commercial featuring Brad Pitt almost makes Tom Cruise's couch-jumping antics seem sane. He literally makes an ass of himself. I wonder if he'll eventually leave Angelina for his butt:
If you wanna see more celebrity looniness, check out www.japander.com. They have a great collection. I highly recommend the Nicolas Cage pachinko ads.
Check out the new insect post at www.theBugBrothers.blogspot.com.




:
I love Queen Amidala...I mean Natalie Portman
haha great post! i actually would have never thought of this one as ive never actually seen them on tv...that bradd pitt one is mint! X
I wanna know how much they pay these stars to do these commercials because celebs making as much money as Brad Pitt would not be caught dead in any kind of commercial back home, but here you see them all the time!!
Gillian: One of the first Japanese commercials I saw with him in it was very similar, except he said, "Look at my ass!"...That was a big cultural shock. It made me realize that in Japan, Brad Pitt is a dork.
Speaka: That's not the corniest one Queen Amidala's in, it was just the only one I could find of her on YouTube. Check out the japander site for more.
Kat: You must have satellite TV if you've never seen these. I'm so jealous!
Laura: I would imagine they get paid about as much as we make...in our LIVES!
i use lux shampoo and my hair doesn't look like that!
LOL. I use Lux, too. I think I'm lacking the perfect lighting and touch-up effects.
Post a Comment
<< Home