Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Power Rangers and Cheerleaders

As Jared has been wanting something new to watch in English, I recently purchased 1995's Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie on DVD. Not only was this retro b-flick on sale, it had the added benefit of starring someone I went to high school with. "Rocky" the Red Ranger's claim to fame in high school was being on the cheerleading squad...hee-hee. (Okay, so my high school did have one of the top cheering teams in the U.S., but that's beside the point. I swear the only reason he did it was because it got him close to the female cheerleaders!) As you can tell, I wasn't particularly fond of this person (he was quite the womanizer and liked pestering me because he was interested in things other than my personality*), but figured it would be entertaining to see him doing some really bad acting.

Watching the movie for the first time turned out to be fun. "Rocky" didn't disappoint expections, although it's not the kind of thing that should be viewed more than once. The kids enjoyed it, too, despite Everett's initial confusion caused by the Rangers speaking English and not being Japanese. [Quote: "Henna ('weird') Power Rangers!")] In fact, the boys liked the movie so much that they wanted to watch it again immediately after it ended and have been asking to watch it almost daily since. Oh no! What have I done?!

The womanizing, cheerleading Power Ranger.

To close (and to feed my newly-developed YouTube addiction), here's the obligatory video clip of Rocky the Power Ranger. I can't believe someone actually made a YouTube tribute to him. (And I can't believe I searched for it!):


*Steve: If you happen to stumble onto this blog by searching Google, I apologize for my unflattering statements, but you KNOW they're true (or at least they were when I knew you).

:

Blogger J-girl said...

Too bad I didn't know you back then, I could've hooked you up with an autograph or something.

June 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shout Outs

Sugoi Sites

  • acrophobia (the game)
  • bunny suicides
  • ebonics translator
  • domo-kun
  • emily the strange
  • flavorgirl
  • fruits j-fashion
  • geek gear
  • halvsies
  • j american citizens league
  • j american wwii experience
  • japandering ads
  • language translator
  • offbeat usa
  • pucca
  • roger shimomura
  • save a life
  • sumo
  • tropical storms
  • yamaguchi ajet