Thursday, May 25, 2006

Catching My Breath

I don't have much free time to write since hubby left. If I weren't so addicted, I would probably throw in the blogging towel. I'm exhausted! Hats off to those who single-parent on a permanent basis.

To catch you up, here are some random happenings in my life right now:
  • Everett's confused about his dad returning to the U.S. He keeps asking, "When will Daddy come back?" I explain to him that he's staying in America and waiting for us. Then he says with a worried expression, "How will we be friends if he never comes home?"...Sigh
  • I got a haircut. I was terrified I would end up with a J-haircut, but had no problem getting a regular trim. In fact, I asked for 4 centimeters to be taken off, but the hairdresser chopped about 14 centimeters, just like they do in the States.
  • Everyone in my office has suddenly taken an interest in me, especially the men (even those who only speak to me when they've been drinking). I'm not sure if this has to do with my husband's departure or my new short hairdo. Maybe it's because they think I got the new hairdo because my husband departed. Who knows.
  • I found my wedding ring! (Yes, I know I didn't report having lost it, but I was in denial and worried about what hubby would think.) Just in time, too, judging by things at work.
  • I'm having difficulties with taking over the cooking at my house. Anyone know some good, easy ideas for meals that don't require an oven?

:

Blogger Turning Japanese said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

May 25, 2006  
Blogger Turning Japanese said...

Actually I am pretty good at pasta...
15 minutes to cook - tops.
Let me know if you want any recipes and I will email!

May 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're probably giving you attention because they're glad...*ahem*..because they know you're leaving.

May 25, 2006  
Blogger J-girl said...

TJ: Ooo! Recipes, please!

killdeer: Should I call you "killjoy"? You always have the most flattering things to say. ^_~

May 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant it in the nicest way possible :)

May 27, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

I want to see this new haircut! Get Jared to take a picture of it; the one of you and hubby below is lovely!!

May 27, 2006  
Blogger J-girl said...

I might get my hair cut again before posting a pic of it. It's not bad, but it's slightly longer than stereotypical "short", but too short to put in a bun or anything. The in-between thing is really bugging me.

May 28, 2006  
Blogger Sarah said...

congrats on the haircut..bummer it isn't too J. that is the way to go cindi!

as for recipes..you should make yakisoba with broccoli, cabbage, carrot and onion in it and an over easy egg on top..yum yum...

or you could make those ebi chili packets with rice..those are always good..

May 28, 2006  
Blogger J-girl said...

Yakisoba's a good idea. Thanks, Sarah. ^_^ A J-cut?! I should've voted you "Most Turning Japanese" I guess. ^_~ BTW, why don't you post pictures of your J-do?

May 28, 2006  
Blogger pgepps said...

1) probably the combination of haircut and hubby gone. I get funny looks whenever I shave my beard, and endless outright "why did you shave your beard?" questions if I've been seen with any one woman near the same time. Apparently, these sorts of things signify more easily....

2) for oven-free meals, I recommend the combini bento. Yeah. Just pick up something at 7-11. Sorry, you probably had something more adequate in mind.

Cheers,
PGE

June 02, 2006  
Blogger J-girl said...

PGE! Haven't heard from you in a while. Thanks for the input. I've actually been doing the conbini bento thing a lot.

June 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shout Outs

Sugoi Sites

  • acrophobia (the game)
  • bunny suicides
  • ebonics translator
  • domo-kun
  • emily the strange
  • flavorgirl
  • fruits j-fashion
  • geek gear
  • halvsies
  • j american citizens league
  • j american wwii experience
  • japandering ads
  • language translator
  • offbeat usa
  • pucca
  • roger shimomura
  • save a life
  • sumo
  • tropical storms
  • yamaguchi ajet