Saturday, April 15, 2006

Rotten Eggs

With Easter being on Sunday, I decided it would be a good idea to dye eggs during my high school English club yesterday. We did the same thing this time last year, and the students thoroughly enjoyed themselves, partly because Easter celebrations are very uncommon in Japan. The Easter egg activity turned out successful once again, although I was a bit startled when some of the girls told me they were going to save the eggs they made this year in their refrigerators next to the eggs they made last year... Ew!

:

Blogger Laura said...

I dyed eggs with a class and got the same thing. I told them they should put the eggs in the fridge and eat them within a few days, but some of them said they were going to keep them forever!

April 17, 2006  
Blogger J-girl said...

They probably mean it, too. I told my students this year that they should take a picture if they want to "save" them forever. They told me they wanted to make 100-year-old Chinese eggs.

April 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shout Outs

Sugoi Sites

  • acrophobia (the game)
  • bunny suicides
  • ebonics translator
  • domo-kun
  • emily the strange
  • flavorgirl
  • fruits j-fashion
  • geek gear
  • halvsies
  • j american citizens league
  • j american wwii experience
  • japandering ads
  • language translator
  • offbeat usa
  • pucca
  • roger shimomura
  • save a life
  • sumo
  • tropical storms
  • yamaguchi ajet