A Movie Twice as Long as "Titanic" (But with NO Celine Dion!)
Since I first read the soundtrack to Kat's life on her blog awhile back, I've been meaning to publish the soundtrack to mine. The delay was due to indecision--a single song for each category wasn't nearly enough. At one point, I even had three songs for my death scene. Had I not eventually narrowed it down to one, my movie viewers would be bored stiff, thinking, "Die, already!" I finally settled for indulging myself with three flashbacks (a high number for a girl who's never even tried illegal substances) as well as a few other format modifications. Although I'm still not completely satisfied with the result, I don't want to waste any more time on it. So have fun critiqing!
Soundtrack to "JAGAIMOGIRL", the Motion Picture:
Opening Credits: El Scorcho (Weezer) "G** D*** you half-Japanese girls…"
Waking Up: No Such Thing (John Mayer)
Average Day: Tom’s Diner (Suzanne Vega)
Party: Intergalactic (Beastie Boys)
Happy Dance: Rush (Big Audio Dynamite)
Secret Love: Under the Milky Way (The Church)
First Date: Just Like Heaven (The Cure)
Second Date: Bizarre Love Triangle (Frente)
Falling in Love: Fade Into You (Mazzy Star)
Love Scene: In Your Eyes (Peter Gabriel)
Fight Scene: In the End (Linkin Park)
Breaking Up: Landslide (Fleetwood Mac)
Long Night Alone: Ue o Muite Aruko (Kyu Sakamoto--1963)
Depressed: Bittersweet Symphony (the Verve)
Inner Contemplation: Enjoy the Silence (Depeche Mode)
Lesson Learned: Prayer for the Dying (Seal)
Getting Back Together: Landed (Ben Folds)
Life’s Good: Tonight, Tonight (Smashing Pumpkins)
Driving: The Distance (Cake)
Flashback#1: Dakota (Stereophonics)
Flashback #2: Boys of Summer (Don Henley)
Flashback #3: Life in a Northern Town (Dream Academy)
Death Scene: Lightning Crashes (Live)
Closing Credits: Silent Lucidity (Queensryche)
Soundtrack to "JAGAIMOGIRL", the Motion Picture:
Opening Credits: El Scorcho (Weezer) "G** D*** you half-Japanese girls…"
Waking Up: No Such Thing (John Mayer)
Average Day: Tom’s Diner (Suzanne Vega)
Party: Intergalactic (Beastie Boys)
Happy Dance: Rush (Big Audio Dynamite)
Secret Love: Under the Milky Way (The Church)
First Date: Just Like Heaven (The Cure)
Second Date: Bizarre Love Triangle (Frente)
Falling in Love: Fade Into You (Mazzy Star)
Love Scene: In Your Eyes (Peter Gabriel)
Fight Scene: In the End (Linkin Park)
Breaking Up: Landslide (Fleetwood Mac)
Long Night Alone: Ue o Muite Aruko (Kyu Sakamoto--1963)
Depressed: Bittersweet Symphony (the Verve)
Inner Contemplation: Enjoy the Silence (Depeche Mode)
Lesson Learned: Prayer for the Dying (Seal)
Getting Back Together: Landed (Ben Folds)
Life’s Good: Tonight, Tonight (Smashing Pumpkins)
Driving: The Distance (Cake)
Flashback#1: Dakota (Stereophonics)
Flashback #2: Boys of Summer (Don Henley)
Flashback #3: Life in a Northern Town (Dream Academy)
Death Scene: Lightning Crashes (Live)
Closing Credits: Silent Lucidity (Queensryche)




:
I need to do this sometime too but for now you have the best references ever...especially Tom's Diner. Fantastic!!!
P.S. I have a new nephew. :)
hmm, so this is a romance movie. Looks like a good soundtrack. I'm not sure I see 'Enjoy the Silence' as inner contemplation. Isn't that song about enjoying someone's company in silence? Is the fight scence an arguement or a physical fight? I mean, do you do some kind of martial art in this flick?
nice list! a few i havent heard of, will have to check them out! ^_^
oh, and um, flashbacks are just memories. They aren't substance-induced. I think you're confusing that with another term with the word 'flash'.
LOVE IT :-)...Love El Scocho :-)...Smashing Pumpkins though - I consider them a bit depressing!!!
Anyways I like the list :-P
Hope youre well
Pete
Chris: Er, thanks.
Sue: I saw the pictures of Zach. He's adorable!
Killdeer: I don't really think of my life as a romance (maybe a comedy/horror?). The original format was just set up that way. Of course I edited it (for example, I chose to be depressed rather than to have a mental breakdown), but it still came off that way. My, you are picky about my songs! Oh, and in Idaho, they're called "flashbacks" (but maybe we are a bit backwards).
Kat: You haven't heard some of my songs? Really? I tried to pick onces that almost everyone could identify. But maybe it's because I'm not as young as you.
Stubby: I agree that SP are usually depressing, but "Tonight, Tonight" isn't.
ok, I beg your pardon. they can be, but you have to add the word 'acid'. otherwise (and especially in the case of movies) they're reference to some chronilogically earlier time from the present. Like, background information that explains some situation in the present. Anyway, I'll just let this go, but I don't want you to think of the flashbacks in my movie the wrong way.
Post a Comment
<< Home