
In some of the Guch blogs lately, I have been reading about sightseeing trips to Nara prefecture. This reminds me of possibly my accomplishment in Japan, which is captured in the picture to the left, taken at Nara's
Toudai-ji (East Great Temple). For those of you who aren't familiar with the Toudai-ji, it not only has the world's largest wooden structure, but also the world's largest bronze statue (a Buddha). The hole in the column that I am hanging out of is the size of the bronze Buddha's nostril. It is said that whoever crawls through this hole will receive everlasting happiness. Due to its narrow width, few adults try to crawl through it. So I was extremely proud of myself when I made it through. But my so-called 'everlasting happiness' was short-lived, as my much larger husband successfully crawled through moments later, receiving enormous applause from the Japanese spectators. (He
always has to steal my thunder! ~_^)
:
Nice :) You probably already saw the pic of me going through on my website. I had to be pulled through because the inside of that is so slick and I couldn't get my arms through to the other side to pull me out.
So yeah, the everlasting happiness. Ok, I guess so. I must have been unconsciencly happy after that, because it sure didn't carry me through my second year of JET :P
It worked for me. I haven't been unhappy or dissatisfied since... maybe. Props to you for getting through. Most people don't even try.
Haha. I can imagine the sound of him emerging from the hole. Something like a cork being loosed from a bottle.
I wish! Unfortunately, he required no assistance or anything. It was so not cool.
Post a Comment
<< Home