Bushido Spirit
I've been sick for a couple of weeks now with my 3rd cold of the year. My condition's been worsening (I've been having trouble breathing), so I finally broke down and visited the doctor today. I have good news and bad news:
The bad news is that I've developed a form of asthma resulting from a combination of my cold and hay fever.
The good news is that the doctor diagnosed me with having a strong Japanese bloodline possessing the bushido ("way of the warrior" or samurai) spirit because my grandparents moved to America during the Meiji era (before the world wars and Japan's defeat--therefore explaining why he insisted my bloodline is stronger than most). There's one thing I don't understand about this: If I possess such a fighting spirit, why do I feel like lying down and surrendering to my blasted illness?
The bad news is that I've developed a form of asthma resulting from a combination of my cold and hay fever.
The good news is that the doctor diagnosed me with having a strong Japanese bloodline possessing the bushido ("way of the warrior" or samurai) spirit because my grandparents moved to America during the Meiji era (before the world wars and Japan's defeat--therefore explaining why he insisted my bloodline is stronger than most). There's one thing I don't understand about this: If I possess such a fighting spirit, why do I feel like lying down and surrendering to my blasted illness?




:
How does a doctor diagnose Bushido?
Gillian: I have not gone crazy enough to wear a medical mask yet (although my family wears them when they're sick). Besides, they're not stylish. ~_^
Speaka: I don't know. I actually think he said it because he had asked if I was Chinese and then wanted to compliment me in case I was offended.
Alex: Not you, too! Hope you get well soon.
aw, thats not good news, get better soon!! do you think the doctor was right when he diagnosed asthma...you know how overly precautious people are here...!! could be a chest infection...thats what it was when i had trouble breathing a while ago...justan idea.
I thought I had a chest infection, but the doctor insisted that I didn't and that allergy-related asthma is quite common here. Who knows. I'm starting to feel better either way.
Post a Comment
<< Home