Sole Searching for Sensible Shoes

After seeing the above shoes on Laura's blog, I headed to Hard Off (a second hand store, not an adult naughty shop) on a mission to find them. I was estatic to find that they had still not been purchased. And what a bargain at 2,600 yen! But then I got to thinking about how I ought to be saving money for my return to the States. I asked myself if I have a true need for red leather 8-inch platform shoes. True need?--No. True desire?--Definitely.
Finally, after much contemplation and rationalization, I came to the conclusion that I shouldn't buy the shoes. I was saddened, but decided to cheer myself up by buying a more practical pair of footwear; something I could get more use out of and feel good about myself for not wasting money.
My eventual purchase ended up costing less than the original objects of desire (a mere 2,100 yen!), in addition to being durable, practical and beautiful.
Drumroll, please!

And here they are: My lovely brown leather 8-inch platform boots! I can't wait to wear these babies out. They're a little hard to walk in, but the resulting height gain alone more than makes up for it.
So do you think I made the right decision?




:
what hard off is this?!!?! the one by me never has anything good!
they are fantastic!!!
Victoria: It's the one in Chofu. I've been there before, but this is the first time I found anything of interest.
Killdeer: They're breathtaking, I know. ~_^
Selena: Thanks! ^_^
I can't believe you went there looking for them!! So, how tall are you with those boots on?
Normal height at last ha ha!! great to see some more jagiamo fashion!! nice to see you today, by the way we are meeting for a birthday meal on thurs night at 7pm jolly pasta, come if you can!! And there is another night out on saturday...go on, its a chance to wear your new shoes!! ;)
For your information, I am already the average height for an American female. In Japan, I am actually slightly tall. So :P Becky! In the shoes I am almost as tall as my husband, so probably 5'11? I guess that would make them a little shorter than 8" heels, though.
Thursday and Saturday?! I'm leaving for Osaka Thursday morning, Beck. Sorry. I will take lots of pictures of my favorite sumo wrestler for you, though. I know you like him. -_^ Will your new J-boy be there?
I don't think Idaho's ready for my new boots. Maybe I'll have to buy some cowboy boots before my return.
awww thats a shame, but say hi to your sumo boy for me ;)
they're mental! Trying for the most stylish zennie are we? (or turning japanese...) ^_^
They're "mental"?!...I'm deciding to take that as a compliment. Thanks. ^_^
I love them!!! Just don't wear them when you go out with me, he he he, you'll never be able to get off the floor teehee (~o~)
That's it! Now I have to wear them the next time we go out!
Post a Comment
<< Home