Sunday, March 05, 2006

Ghetto Flower Power

Saturday I went out for an overdue night of dancing with the Shimo Gang & Co. The main venue we went to was called "The......Flower that Grew from Ghetto." It sounds like a hole in the wall, and it is. But after losing some inhibitions, it turned out to be a great time. Some embarrassing things I recall doing that night include (but are not limited to):

  • Spilling my drink down Anita (Sorry!)
  • Confessing that I purchased concert tickets to see Vanilla Ice when I was in high school.
  • Creating interesting dance moves to Tiffany's "I Think We're Alone Now."

Other things of note include establishing a truce with Stirling (don't ask—it's all in the past now), discovering that Jonathon and I graduated the same year and helping to represent (Go Class of '92!), learning that Becky has (as she puts it) a thousand secrets up her butt (never did find them out though—but that may be a good thing), witnessing Selena get tipsy (or at least pretending to for my sake), being told by a Japanese boy that I look like Shannen Doherty (will I never escape this?), conversing with Laura about "Crazy Grandma", and Gillian doing seiza (sitting on her knees) on the dirty train station floor. Thanks for inviting me, Girls of Shimonoseki!

:

Blogger bec said...

ahhhhhhhhhhh!!! cheers for that u knew that was a slip of the tongue, MEANY!!!!

March 05, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

I only just remembered today that I slapped three J-guys at some point in the evening...
And, yes, I recall your dance moves to Tiffany being very interesting indeed. If only I'd been sober enough to think to get out my camera!! (That was your plan the whole time, to get me too drunk to think about the camera...) What a good sempai you are: "Laura, I can tell by your face that you haven't had enough to drink....here, I'll take you over to the bar"

March 05, 2006  
Blogger J-girl said...

Beck: Oh, it was a slip of tongue? I'm sorry. I thought it was a slip of cheek. ^_~

Laura: 3 J-guys? Are you sure it wasn't just one and you were experiencing triple vision? Why did you hit them? And, yes, that was my plan the whole time.

Gillian: I'm not sorry you missed my Tiffany dance. I'm afraid it can never be duplicated, as it was too stupid.

March 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I didn't want to know any of what you posted (except for the dance moves to Tiffany's song).

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I updated my blog. Sorry it took a while.

March 06, 2006  
Blogger Selena said...

cant believe i missed your Tiffany dance! and Laura slapping those guys. I also heard some more goss from the girls at japanese class last night. how could i be there yet miss so much?! (haha.. I do remember Beckys statement tho!)

March 06, 2006  
Blogger J-girl said...

Killdeer: No prob, but don't let it happen again! ^_~ Congrats again on Taiwan.

Selena: More gossip? Do tell!

March 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shout Outs

Sugoi Sites

  • acrophobia (the game)
  • bunny suicides
  • ebonics translator
  • domo-kun
  • emily the strange
  • flavorgirl
  • fruits j-fashion
  • geek gear
  • halvsies
  • j american citizens league
  • j american wwii experience
  • japandering ads
  • language translator
  • offbeat usa
  • pucca
  • roger shimomura
  • save a life
  • sumo
  • tropical storms
  • yamaguchi ajet