Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A Tribute to Cindi/y


If everything goes as planned (in other words, if I am not in bed dying from this satan of a cold I've contracted), the name poll will be taken down at an undetermined time tomorrow and the final results will be posted. Thus, I am making today's post a small tribute to my current namesake. Although my name is spelled with an 'i' (actually 2), I have also included trivia about other spellings of the name. I hope you find it interesting.

FAMOUS CINDIES


Left to Right:
Cindy Crawford (former supermodel)
Cyndi Lauper (80's pop star)
Cindy Sheehan (military mother who led protests against George W. Bush by his ranch)
Cindy Brady (the youngest of the "Brady Bunch" clan)
Cindy Bear (Yogi Bear's girlfriend)
Cindy, the British "Barbie" (Thanks, Kat. Sorry, no picture.)

LYRICS ABOUT CINDIES

Same Ol' Situation by Motley Crue:

"Now I used to call her Cindy,
She changed her name to Sin.
I guess that's the name of her game."


Part Time Mutha by 2PAC:

"Meet Cindi, she's twenty-two, lives right on the dope track
Used to be fat now weighs less than a Tic-Tac."


Let's Get Down by 'Lil Bow Wow:

"I know this girl named Cindi
Loves to rock Fendi.
When she leaves the mall
The stores is all empty."


Cindy (American folk song covered by zillions of older artists like Elvis, Ricky Nelson, Johnny Cash, the Beach Boys, the Temptations, Bruce Springsteen, and even the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.) The lyrics vary, but here's a common verse:

"I wish I were an apple
A-hangin' from a tree
And every time my Cindy passed,
She'd take a bite of me. "

MISCELLANEOUS CINDI/Y TRIVIA
  • Cindi/y is most commonly a derivative from the names Cynthia or Lucinda.
  • Cindi is the 1109th most common female name in the States.
  • .007% of females in the U.S. are named Cindi (in other words, about 8,925 people).
  • The name Cindi was most popular for babies in the 50s and 60s, just before The Brady Bunch came to television.
  • Cindy has been the name of 3 tropical storms and 4 hurricanes, the most recent of which struck in 2005.

:

Blogger Speaka said...

Goodbye Cindi...hello ?????

January 31, 2006  
Blogger J-girl said...

Um, you guys do realize this name game thing is not legally binding (at least I hope not!)?

Cee Pee, I didn't think you'd be the jealous type (especially when it comes to cartoon bears). ;)

February 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW - You have too much time on your hands :-P...To be honest I was very amused by this post...Thanks

Get well soon

Pete

February 02, 2006  
Blogger . said...

that photo has given me nightmares. FREAKY!

February 02, 2006  
Blogger J-girl said...

Stubby: You're welcome for the post.

Goongirl: You're welcome for the nightmares.

February 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shout Outs

Sugoi Sites

  • acrophobia (the game)
  • bunny suicides
  • ebonics translator
  • domo-kun
  • emily the strange
  • flavorgirl
  • fruits j-fashion
  • geek gear
  • halvsies
  • j american citizens league
  • j american wwii experience
  • japandering ads
  • language translator
  • offbeat usa
  • pucca
  • roger shimomura
  • save a life
  • sumo
  • tropical storms
  • yamaguchi ajet