Saturday, February 04, 2006

May I have the envelope, please?

First of all, I would like to thank all the people who suggested names (with the exception of Matt, who was no help at all). I would also like to thank all the voters that submitted their opinions (some of them more than once). Without them, this moment would not be possible. And now I am going to say a silent prayer in hopes that my name change has a better outcome than those of Prince (weird symbol, then back), Puff Daddy ("P. Diddy", then "Diddy") and Madonna ("Esther"--though this wasn't a legal name change).......Amen!

Finally, Ladies and Gentlemen, it's the moment you've all been waiting for (at least if you've nothing better to do at work). It's been a long competition, so I won't delay any further.





RACHEL!

Since I said all my thank yous before the announcement, I would like to take this time to let people know they can still call me "Cindi" and that I may or may not use the winning name as the name I ultimately select when doing the legal change. After all, this name presents a new dilemma: My middle name is "Rae", and besides sharing the same meaning as "Rachel", "Rachel Rae" just doesn't sound like the the "mature, professional and intelligent" name I was originally seeking. Think I should have another poll to find a new middle name? (Kidding.. only kidding.)

:

Blogger Sarah said...

did I miss reading something on your blog? are you really changing your name?

I enjoy the research you put in to discovering all the cindi facts..i should so the same..hummm

February 05, 2006  
Blogger J-girl said...

Gillian: Thanks for the helpful info. Definitely won't be naming myself Rachel Rae!

Sarah: Um, yeah you missed something. I had a poll up to help me pick a new first name for when I go back to the U.S. I'm seriously going to change my name, although I'm still not sure what to yet. Go back to December 20th for details.

February 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont know I think it has a ring to it :-)!!!

Pete

February 07, 2006  
Blogger Sarah said...

wow..that is quite cool ..well congrats and good luck with the big change...

February 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shout Outs

Sugoi Sites

  • acrophobia (the game)
  • bunny suicides
  • ebonics translator
  • domo-kun
  • emily the strange
  • flavorgirl
  • fruits j-fashion
  • geek gear
  • halvsies
  • j american citizens league
  • j american wwii experience
  • japandering ads
  • language translator
  • offbeat usa
  • pucca
  • roger shimomura
  • save a life
  • sumo
  • tropical storms
  • yamaguchi ajet