Deep Dark Secret Revealed!
I've got a confession to make: I've been to karaoke alone, and I liked it!*
A braver member of the prefecture blogged about his solo singing habits, eventually inspiring me to reveal this secret. Now that I've said it, I feel rather liberated. I realize, of course, that I will likely feel very different once the chastizing begins.
*For readers who aren't familiar with karaoke in Japan, it's different than in the U.S. (and probably other countries as well). Here, you usually rent a private room to sing in.
Today on www.thebugbrothers.blogspot.com: Aburazemi
A braver member of the prefecture blogged about his solo singing habits, eventually inspiring me to reveal this secret. Now that I've said it, I feel rather liberated. I realize, of course, that I will likely feel very different once the chastizing begins.
*For readers who aren't familiar with karaoke in Japan, it's different than in the U.S. (and probably other countries as well). Here, you usually rent a private room to sing in.
Today on www.thebugbrothers.blogspot.com: Aburazemi




:
Wow. That's really sad. That's like bowling by yourself. But I guess if you enjoy it, right? I probably shouldn't talk, as I do most things by myself, like eating out and watching movies :)Actually, I'm trying one of the movies you have on your list: "To Live". The only other Zhang Yimou movies I've seen are Raise the Red Lantern, Hero, and House of Flying Daggers.
Also, I put another post up. And as for that daikon article...according to what you posted, that was Aoi. I lived in Aioi. You did noticed the article was written in Tokyo, right? Which is nowhere near where I lived ;) Geesh! You don't even know me at all ...er...you don't know the me that was at the time I lived in Japan...at all.
Part of the reason I like singing alone is that I don't have to worry about offending other people's ears.
P.S. That daikon is in Aioi, Hyogo. The "Aio" is just a misprint.
NOTHING WRONG WITH SUCH A THING!!!
Being the first to 'come out of the closet' I am glad that others are following in my footsteps :-).
Is this the beginnning of a new era, possibly a revolution - only time will tell.
Good shit Cindi - Im glad youve finally made it public.
All those others that have escaped to the Karaoke room, whether it be for a cheeky hour or a long performance type session - SPEAK UP!
We are a force now
Hope your well Cindi
Pete
I thought you might appreciate that, Pete. ^_- I know there are others, I just wish they'd come out of hiding.
Post a Comment
<< Home