Another Japanese V.D.
Happy Valentine's Day, Everyone! I had almost completely forgotten about the holiday until last night when a little girl came to our door with a package of homemade chocolates and other goodies for Jared. This same girl has now faithfully given Jared Valentine gifts all 3 Valentine's Days we have been here. I'll have to remember to have Jared give her something next month for White Day*.
When I taught my first class this morning, there was another reminder of Valentine's Day. A student of mine who hasn't been speaking to me since I confiscated his cell phone some weeks ago was uncharacteristically excited to see me. He had a giant black garbage bag attached to the side of his desk and a sign that designated the bag as the place to put his Valentine gifts. Sadly for him, the bag was empty. Before class officially began, he asked me if I had any presents for him. Of course I said no. As the class progressed, he resorted to begging me to give him chocolate and even handed me a discount coupon so I could buy him some. He was very pathetic, but very funny. There's still no way I'm giving him anything.
*In Japan, only girls give Valentine gifts to boys (usually chocolate). On White Day (March 14th), the boys who received gifts from girls are expected to give something in return (traditionally cookies).
When I taught my first class this morning, there was another reminder of Valentine's Day. A student of mine who hasn't been speaking to me since I confiscated his cell phone some weeks ago was uncharacteristically excited to see me. He had a giant black garbage bag attached to the side of his desk and a sign that designated the bag as the place to put his Valentine gifts. Sadly for him, the bag was empty. Before class officially began, he asked me if I had any presents for him. Of course I said no. As the class progressed, he resorted to begging me to give him chocolate and even handed me a discount coupon so I could buy him some. He was very pathetic, but very funny. There's still no way I'm giving him anything.
*In Japan, only girls give Valentine gifts to boys (usually chocolate). On White Day (March 14th), the boys who received gifts from girls are expected to give something in return (traditionally cookies).




:
Maybe you should change the title????? Think about it....
Actually, I think the title is quite catchy.
Think what else VD stands for.
I think it's a good title! A very appropriate double entendre for Valentine's day ;)
Alex: Yeah, it is cute. She's the same girl who wipes boogers on his desk.
Why thank you, Laura! I like to think of it as a public service announcement.
Post a Comment
<< Home