Bottoms up, Kids!
This is Kodomo Biiru (Children's Beer). I saw it when I was shopping in Mojiko last weekend. I 'd read a concerned parents group's online article about this product some months ago and submitted it to our very own Zenzen, but it wasn't published--So much for their "print anything" policy! (Just kidding Dan and Chris, if you're reading this.) The article spoke about how the company that produces this beverage wanted to begin exporting it to the U.K. Unfortunately for them, U.K. officials weren't sold on the idea, as the Japanese company wanted to use the label slogan, "Even kids cannot stand life unless they have a drink."If you're like me, you're wondering if this drink tastes like real beer. Well, you're in luck, because, like the concerned parent I am, I purchased a bottle (yes, only 1 because it was expensive) and took turns taking swigs of it with my husband and kids. The verdict? It has the look and feel of beer, but not the taste. Not to say it doesn't taste good--I thought the taste was much better than beer (although I'm not a true beer fan).
Kanpai! (Cheers!)
Today on www.thebugbrothers.blogspot.com: Insect Delights!




:
What a great slogan!
That is just crazy!
I suppose it's the same idea as root beer, except with different marketing, but it's still weird.
only in Japan would they stress the fact that their children can't cope
It's amazing how beer makes life so much easier to stand. had I only known this when I was a child.
bc: Could you cope if you knew you were going to spend the rest of your life here? (Just kiddin'.)
kd: Are you turning into a lush over in Virginia?
um, no. That was actually a joke. The sarcasm probably just got lost in the print.
Hey, some guy is doing a masters project involving my blog. He said it was one of the most beneficial blogs he's come across. I'm not sure if it's for real or what. Is there blog spam?
killdeer: Yes, blog spam is very much a reality. You can require letter verification (the letters you have to type before leaving comments on some blogs). It significantly remedies the problem. Of course, maybe the guy was serious because he is doing his masters project on YOU!
hmm. well did you read his post? it's on my most recent entry.
I'll look into that letter verification. Thanks.
Post a Comment
<< Home