Question of the Day
Why do Japanese schoolgirls hike their skirts up to micro lengths and then complain that they're cold?
The more things change, the more they remain INSANE!

WELCOME! The Beyond J-Land blog is a smorgasbord of mostly lighthearted excerpts from my life. Excluding chronological, there is little organization or method to the tidbits I author. However, fashion tragedies, questionable sanity, bugs, nostalgia, friends, family, Japan, the States, culture shock and reverse culture shock have been recurring topics thus far. Feel free to take a peek at what life looks like through this girl's eyes.
:
Second Question of the Day: Why is it okay for them to hike up their skirts but taboo to show your lower back?
I don't understand!!!
Question 3: Why do girls from all countries where high heels and complain that their feet hurt?
tj: Another unsolved Japanese mystery.
killdeer: Good question. One of the answers is that in the business world, women have to wear heels any time they wear a skirt, or they will not be taken seriously because they don't look professional. Of course, they have to be careful that the heels aren't too high--say 6 inches--or they will look like a professional of different sorts.
hmm. That was informative. But it seems more like a chocolate pocky answer than that of a cap cap ice cream cookie. Can't all the girls of the world redefine professional? Don't you remember the shoes I wore with my suit at JET orientations/meetings? Not dress shoes, I can tell you that much.
Post a Comment
<< Home