Name Suggestions Thus Far
Wow! I was really impressed with the response to yesterday's post. (If you haven't read it, please do, or this entry will make no sense.) You've come up with a lot of names I wouldn't have thought of myself.
To sort things out, I am going to list the suggestions you have given so far in 2 lists. One list is the names for consideration. The others are "definitely nots" for one reason or another.
Names For Consideration
To sort things out, I am going to list the suggestions you have given so far in 2 lists. One list is the names for consideration. The others are "definitely nots" for one reason or another.
Names For Consideration
- Alexa
- Audrey
- Calesta
- Courtney
- Lucy
- Naomi
- Rachael/Rachel
- Ruby
- Savannah
- Simone
- Sophia
- Sydney
- Veronica
Definitely Nots
- Alice (I am told it is the name of a chain-smoking waitress.)
- Candy (I'm not planning on becoming a professional stripper.)
- Celia (It means "blind".)
- Charlotte (This makes me always think "Charlotte the harlot"--Sorry to any Charlottes out there.)
- Crystal (It's my sister-in-law's name.)
- Cynthia (As I said yesterday, killdeer, this is my mother-in-law's name.)
- Rebecca (I like this name, but since coming to Japan, I have been constantly told I look like the J-talent "Becky". She is the spokesperson for Furby 2. How can anyone take that seriously?)
- Sheila (It makes me think of the Aussie slang.)
- Stephanie/Stefanie (Goongirl says no to the first, and the second is just wrong.)
- Susan (I'm actually really fond of this name, but it is my OTHER mother-in-law's name. No, I don't have 2 husbands, but my 1 husband's dad is remarried.)
- Victoria (Beautiful name, but our Victoria in Yamaguchi wants it off limits.)
KEEP THE NAMES COMING!
Today on www.thebugbrothers.blogspot.com: katatsumuri




:
Mate,
Stefanie is actually the Dutch/German spelling of Stephanie. Go here for some ideas.
http://www.behindthename.com/
Sorry. I actually wasn't trying to be funny. I just looked through the suggestions and forgot to review your criteria.
But looking at the names you're considering, I don't think I can be of any help. Good luck :)
Thanks, goongirl. Sorry I couldn't get on BD today. Have a great trip.
killdeer: Figures you didn't read the criteria. ;) Well, at least there have been no inquiries about the strange Albertsons comment. BTW, Joe Albertson was from Idaho. In fact the first Albertsons grocery is in Boise. Your welcome for the history lesson.
how about a a good welsh name like Blodwen, Myfanwy, Angharad..... sorry I'm probably not helping. :)
My top two...
The first is Freya. I read a book a few years back and the main character was named Freya...I just loved it...the name has stuck with me.
The other is Flora. I must have a thing for F's and A's...there's a girl who calls me at work named Flora and she's so nice and it seems like a really cool name.
Cheers,
Sue
mashio: Actually, you DID help--I never even thought about considering the name Jackie until you commented. Thanks. ;)
Sue: Thanks. Freya's really unique. I'm going to look up what it means right now.
Post a Comment
<< Home