Me and My Big Mouth!
Tonight is my work's bounenkai (year-end party). I had been looking forward to it, as I rarely attend any of the work parties and this will be my final chance to go to a year-end one before leaving Japan. A bus is supposed to pick my coworkers and I up at the school and take us to the party location this evening so that everyone can drink during the ride (yes, it is legal here, as long as the driver isn't drinking) and everyone arrives promptly.
However, as of yesterday, no one had informed me of the time of the bus departure. So I foolishly asked my caretaker, "What time should I come to school on Saturday?"
She answered, "The same time as usual."
"For the bounenkai bus?" I asked, puzzled.
"Oh, no. I forgot to tell you we have to work on Saturday."
So here I am at work performing no real function, as it is test week and my listening tests aren't until Thursday...sigh... Fellow bloggers--I know it's the weekend, but I implore you to write something, anything, for me to read while I sit here at my desk all day.
Today on www.thebugbrothers.blogspot.com: Amenbo
However, as of yesterday, no one had informed me of the time of the bus departure. So I foolishly asked my caretaker, "What time should I come to school on Saturday?"
She answered, "The same time as usual."
"For the bounenkai bus?" I asked, puzzled.
"Oh, no. I forgot to tell you we have to work on Saturday."
So here I am at work performing no real function, as it is test week and my listening tests aren't until Thursday...sigh... Fellow bloggers--I know it's the weekend, but I implore you to write something, anything, for me to read while I sit here at my desk all day.
Today on www.thebugbrothers.blogspot.com: Amenbo




:
Hey potato-girl,
How's work going :) I'll send you the link of my website to your email account. You can look at some pictures to keep you busy. Hope you have a good party tonight!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wait a minute. I thought according to your contract, you don't have to work on Saturdays. How many people are actually there? Can't you just sneak out? Their parties usually don't start til like 6:00. Maybe the bus would leave the school around 5 or 5:30. At any rate, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. That was one of the better parties.
If it makes you feel any better, I'm not doing anything and it's Friday night. Yea Virginia!...*ahem* Anyway, hang in there.
Thanks for the pictures. There's a lot of you and beer. Sneaking out would be against the rules, killdeer! What kind of JET do you think I am, anyway? ;)
On Friday nights in Idaho we used to buy big blocks of ice and then go to J.R. Simplot's (potato franchise billionaire's) home and climb up his grass-covered hills and slide down on the ice. Surely you could do something like this in Virginia? No cow-tipping, though. It's cruel!
Yes, well, this was no ordinary beer. Some of those pics were taken in Plzen, where Pilsner was invented. ...One of my friends who was there is a beer enthusiast. So, um, yeah.
You...blocks of ice?! ...Are you serious? ...First of all, there are no hills in Chesapeake. Secondly, wouldn't that get a little cold to sit on? ....How old were you when you did this? There's a...J.R. Simplot? That's a real name? And he's a potato billionaire? ... ... ... Are you making all this up?
Look, I'll figure out something. Maybe I'll watch Mr. Deeds. It's playing on TBS.
Is there MSN messenger on the computer you're using?
And what kind of JET do I think you are? Well, I thought by now you'd be a JET that knows what she can get away with. Your working on Saturday is a breach of contract. Unless they are giving you a make-up day off, they're out of line. Well, I'll calm down.
I was actually in high school when I went ice blocking, but I am serious.
Don't have Messenger on this computer and can't download it--security's too strict. At least I can access my email now. Originally, I couldn't even do that.
Well, that does suck. but it's better than nothing. so seriously, how many teachers are there? are they busy pretending to work :) are there any teachers you can talk to? Even as bad as my office was, some of the younger teachers were fun to talk to.
Have fun at your party. I'm probably too late. Hopefully you have left work...not sure of the time difference. Ho Ho Ho. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home