Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Beyond "My dog ate my homework."

Jared was assigned a large amount of homework to do over his winter break. True to the dedicated student he is, he has been diligently working on it every day. In fact, he was making great progress until last night, when disaster struck.

Jared was busy writing an essay at the coffee table, so I sat down beside him to see how things were going. I moved over his pile of completed homework so I could sit at the table more comfortably. Evidently, I placed the papers too close to the burning candle in the center of the table, because, before I knew it, his homework was in flames!

The fire was successfully smothered, but his homework could not be salvaged. Now Jared has to either tell his teacher, "My mother set my homework on fire," or redo everything. He, of course, has chosen the latter. I am relieved, but still feeling guilty. What kind of mother destroys her son's schoolwork?

You might find it amusing to know that I'm not completely off the hook yet. It seems that one of the papers I inadvertantly reduced to ashes was an essay about me. Jared has told me that when he rewrites it, he's going to add that my hobby is burning his homework. I'm really hoping he's joking.

Today on www.thebugbrothers.blogspot.com: Gomashijimi

:

Blogger J-girl said...

Gillian! I will definitely be up for Fukuoka in January. Are you stuck in your office all week?

December 28, 2005  
Blogger pgepps said...

hehehe. Happy Birthday, o Consumer of wrought works!

I think he should definitely include the paper-burning episode. It's a sure-fire A.

Cheers,
PGE

December 29, 2005  
Blogger J-girl said...

Yeah, you're probaby right that he would get a good grade, except there's no A's--only double circles.

When do YOU turn the big three-two?

December 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shout Outs

Sugoi Sites

  • acrophobia (the game)
  • bunny suicides
  • ebonics translator
  • domo-kun
  • emily the strange
  • flavorgirl
  • fruits j-fashion
  • geek gear
  • halvsies
  • j american citizens league
  • j american wwii experience
  • japandering ads
  • language translator
  • offbeat usa
  • pucca
  • roger shimomura
  • save a life
  • sumo
  • tropical storms
  • yamaguchi ajet