Monday, November 21, 2005

A Warning to the Ladies!

As I have mentioned before, I am the only female JET in Yamaguchi from the 2003 group. But I wasn't always alone--there used to be others. What happened to them you ask?

Well, if you must know, my two roommates from Tokyo Orientation--Kat N. and Siobhan (Shon) both have lots of excitement in their lives right now. Kat is expecting a baby girl in January and Shon gave birth to a beautiful son last month. Coincidence that they were the first friends I met in Japan, or is motherhood contagious? Maybe coincidence, but if it happens to YOU, don't say you weren't warned!

By the way, feast your eyes on this pic of Shon with her adorable little Edward Maximilian. Keep hanging around me and this could be you, Girls!

Congrats, Shon!

:

Blogger Turning Japanese said...

I want baby cooties! Does it make immaculate conception work???
hee hee hee

November 21, 2005  
Blogger Turning Japanese said...

PS Do you have the link to Shon's blog page? I have it if you need...

November 21, 2005  
Blogger J-girl said...

Too late, Gillian. You are already displaying symptoms of baby cooties. Leaving a party early is a very, very bad sign.

Ellen, I promise to give you baby cooties next time I see you. Will you be at the Christmas party? I don't know how well they'll work if you're solo, but I guess we'll find out. Oh, and I have Shon's link. Thanks.

November 23, 2005  
Blogger . said...

Gaah! Motherhood? Me? I am terrible with kids.

November 24, 2005  
Blogger J-girl said...

Steph, It serves you right for tripping me! ;)

November 24, 2005  
Blogger . said...

Huh? Nah seriously I don't think in the foreseeable future I could become a mum.

November 24, 2005  
Blogger J-girl said...

Famous last words.

November 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kids are great. I especially love it when they cry, for then someone comes and takes them away.

November 25, 2005  
Blogger J-girl said...

Planning on hiring a nanny, are you, Jess? ;)

November 25, 2005  
Blogger . said...

Ask Jess about the governess I had as a child. ;P

November 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhhhhhhh no!!! i better not stick here too long then!!

November 27, 2005  
Blogger J-girl said...

goongirl: Okay, what's the scoop on your governess, and why do I have to ask Jess? It's dangerous for me to talk with her you know. She's going to hurt me.

Anonymous: Don't worry, Pete--I meant I spread motherhood to FEMALES, not males. (Actually, I have no idea who you are, but Pete has a good sense of humor.) ;)

November 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shout Outs

Sugoi Sites

  • acrophobia (the game)
  • bunny suicides
  • ebonics translator
  • domo-kun
  • emily the strange
  • flavorgirl
  • fruits j-fashion
  • geek gear
  • halvsies
  • j american citizens league
  • j american wwii experience
  • japandering ads
  • language translator
  • offbeat usa
  • pucca
  • roger shimomura
  • save a life
  • sumo
  • tropical storms
  • yamaguchi ajet