Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Noses are Hazards in the Classroom

For today's Oral Communication class, I planned a body parts relay game in which teams of students race to tape body part names to the correct locations on their team's volunteer. The game plan was altered, however, when I was told by the Japanese teacher that the word "nose" had to be omitted from the game because it was "too dangerous." ...Huh?

Today on www.thebugbrothers.blogspot.com: Japanese grass lizard

:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, right. You could poke the volunteer's eyes out. Like, what if his teammates missed the nose? Am I understanding this correctly? You're having kids post words on other kids? You know, there's good touching and bad touching, j-girl.

December 01, 2005  
Blogger J-girl said...

Hey, it's not like I included the word "chin" or anything! I guess if you translated "nose" into "hana" and then back into "flower" you might get it stuck to something inappropriate, but that's REALLY stretching it!

December 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

December 02, 2005  
Blogger J-girl said...

Um, I teach English and am not a pervert, so which "chin" do you think it was?

I don't remember them talking about "flowers" on Friends, but I do remember learning about how you should have someone pee on your jellyfish stings... Advice I should've listened to but didn't. Now I have a huge scar on my arm.

December 02, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beg your pardon.

December 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shout Outs

Sugoi Sites

  • acrophobia (the game)
  • bunny suicides
  • ebonics translator
  • domo-kun
  • emily the strange
  • flavorgirl
  • fruits j-fashion
  • geek gear
  • halvsies
  • j american citizens league
  • j american wwii experience
  • japandering ads
  • language translator
  • offbeat usa
  • pucca
  • roger shimomura
  • save a life
  • sumo
  • tropical storms
  • yamaguchi ajet