Friday, November 18, 2005

My English is Good!

Because I had the day off today while the members my family were all at school or work, I took the rare opportunity to go Christmas shopping alone in Kokura. It was very peaceful and relaxing to shop unaccompanied for a change. At one point, I became so involved in my browsing that I almost ran into another foreigner (literally). When I told him, "Excuse me," he said, "Wow, you're English is good!" I responded with a smile, saying, "Thank you. I've been trying to learn the language for 31 years now, so that really means a lot to me." He felt pretty foolish and profusely apologized. ...I so love doing stuff like that.

:

Blogger Turning Japanese said...

hee hee hee

November 18, 2005  
Blogger Victoria said...

haha, that's great!

November 18, 2005  
Blogger J-girl said...

Yeah, I'm gonna miss doing that. Oh wait, that happens to me occasionally in Idaho, too. I forgot.

November 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shout Outs

Sugoi Sites

  • acrophobia (the game)
  • bunny suicides
  • ebonics translator
  • domo-kun
  • emily the strange
  • flavorgirl
  • fruits j-fashion
  • geek gear
  • halvsies
  • j american citizens league
  • j american wwii experience
  • japandering ads
  • language translator
  • offbeat usa
  • pucca
  • roger shimomura
  • save a life
  • sumo
  • tropical storms
  • yamaguchi ajet