Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Who Says You Can't Buy Love?

I stopped by Tokyuu Hands (a funky Japanese department store) while in Hiroshima over the weekend. I was originally shopping for a Halloween costume for myself, but I saw this costume of a kuwagata (stag beetle) and knew I had to buy it for my kids. (My children have always loved me, but it more incentive never hurts.)

To the left is Jared modeling the costume before leaving for school. He is planning on scaring the girls with it at my English club's Halloween party on Friday (which shouldn't be too difficult, as some of them were afraid of the fake spiders we decorated the language lab with).

On a disappointing note, I might not be at the AJET Halloween party on Saturday after all. Taking my recent Hiroshima excursion into account (which was planned well before I knew the details of the AJET bash), I should probably spend this weekend with my genetic family, even though I will miss all of you from my adopted gaijin family (Take lots of pictures!). But at least I will still be with people who love me a bunch (especially after the bug costume).

:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shout Outs

Sugoi Sites

  • acrophobia (the game)
  • bunny suicides
  • ebonics translator
  • domo-kun
  • emily the strange
  • flavorgirl
  • fruits j-fashion
  • geek gear
  • halvsies
  • j american citizens league
  • j american wwii experience
  • japandering ads
  • language translator
  • offbeat usa
  • pucca
  • roger shimomura
  • save a life
  • sumo
  • tropical storms
  • yamaguchi ajet