The Creepiest Crawly Yet!
I didn't make last night's Halloween party, but that doesn't mean I didn't celebrate the holiday in my own unique way.
Last night after dark, I went with my family to a graveyard in the mountains to search for insects for Jared and Everett's blog, and also because it's a Halloweenish thing to do. At first I found Japanese graveyards to be much less spooky at night than Western graveyards, but that was before I saw IT: an oogejigeji. It was the creepiest insect I have seen to date. It was even creepier than a mukade.
Being the abnormal person I am, I not only photographed this horrifying creature, but captured it singlehanded and brought it into my home for more pictures. Jared commended me for my bravery, so it was all worth it. If you are curious as to what this fearsome creature looks like, check out this preview drawing. If you are still curious, take a look at today's Bug Brother feature (www.thebugbrothers.blogspot.com). It's truly frightening, so be warned!
Last night after dark, I went with my family to a graveyard in the mountains to search for insects for Jared and Everett's blog, and also because it's a Halloweenish thing to do. At first I found Japanese graveyards to be much less spooky at night than Western graveyards, but that was before I saw IT: an oogejigeji. It was the creepiest insect I have seen to date. It was even creepier than a mukade.
Being the abnormal person I am, I not only photographed this horrifying creature, but captured it singlehanded and brought it into my home for more pictures. Jared commended me for my bravery, so it was all worth it. If you are curious as to what this fearsome creature looks like, check out this preview drawing. If you are still curious, take a look at today's Bug Brother feature (www.thebugbrothers.blogspot.com). It's truly frightening, so be warned!




:
oh god i foolishly didnt heed your warnings and looked at the pics on your kids site-jesus that is the scriest animal i have ever seen!! you are uberbrave!
Thanks, Kat. You might be relieved to know that the creature has passed on to bug heaven. (I'm guessing that bug heaven is similar to some peoples' hell.)
Post a Comment
<< Home