Thursday, September 29, 2005

For He's A Jolly Good Dad

Because my dad's 79th birthday was this month, I've decided to post this picture of him and my mom in his honor. I feel bad about missing the celebration this year, but I will be back home before his 80th next year, which should be a huge shindig.

By the way, in case you are wondering, there is a slight age difference between my parents--22 years to be precise. (Feel free to oooh and aaah.) Oh, and they have 4 other kids--2 of whom are younger than me. (I note the volume of ooohs and aaahs has increased.)

:

Blogger Gia said...

Your dad looks not a day over 50! Hope you inherited those amazing genes! :)

September 29, 2005  
Blogger . said...

Hey my parents are poster children for 2nd marriages can work.

September 29, 2005  
Blogger . said...

Forgot to add that dad is in his 60s and I am only 23. Actually my parents don't look their ages either and used to run wild when they were my age so....there is hope. ;)

September 29, 2005  
Blogger J-girl said...

Jane: I don't look a day over 50, either. (Of course I am much younger than 50.) ;)

Goongirl: It's actually the first marriage for both of my parents. My dad didn't marry until he was 43.

That's cool about your parents. I doubt my parents ever ran wild.

September 29, 2005  
Blogger . said...

jaga: Really? That's great. What were they doing instead of running wild? Potato farming.......







Sorry I just had to put it in.

September 29, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...my Mom just turned like 44 *and* I have an older sister...

You're sooooo lucky to have Japanese genes. You'll be 80 and look 30. >_<

September 29, 2005  
Blogger . said...

yes J-Gal you beast as CHAvez said you'll always look half your age. Tell me did you get carded a lot even though you were over 21?

September 29, 2005  
Blogger J-girl said...

CHAvez: Do I really want to look 30 when I'm 80? I mean, instead of people realizing I'm senile, they'll just think I'm bonkers!

goongirl: I've been carded for lottery tickets (you only have to be 18 to buy them)and then told my identification was fake. I hope I don't only look half my age, though. That would mean I look 15 and 1/2. Not good.

Got a hat.

September 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shout Outs

Sugoi Sites

  • acrophobia (the game)
  • bunny suicides
  • ebonics translator
  • domo-kun
  • emily the strange
  • flavorgirl
  • fruits j-fashion
  • geek gear
  • halvsies
  • j american citizens league
  • j american wwii experience
  • japandering ads
  • language translator
  • offbeat usa
  • pucca
  • roger shimomura
  • save a life
  • sumo
  • tropical storms
  • yamaguchi ajet