Welcome! / Meals of Eels
Youkoso! Although this is my 3rd year in Japan, I am just now starting a blog. For those of you who don't know me, I am the oldest and most senior female JET in the prefecture. I am also the only JET with multiple children. I haven't gotten out much in my previous 2 years here, but I am hoping to change all that soon. I want to make my final year in Japan the best. Doozo yoroshiku onegaishimasu!
Over the weekend, my family and I went to our local festival. There was an eel-catching competition there, which required participants to catch live eels with their bare hands. My husband won. I am so proud(?). Unfortunately, there was no prize. But he did get to keep the eels, which he cooked for supper the following day. (Aren't I a lucky woman?) I'm telling you this story to explain why I am having trouble sleeping tonight and am blogging past 1 o'clock in the morning: My apartment still reeks of eels! Anyone have any suggestions to get rid of the smell? It is sooo gross!!!
Over the weekend, my family and I went to our local festival. There was an eel-catching competition there, which required participants to catch live eels with their bare hands. My husband won. I am so proud(?). Unfortunately, there was no prize. But he did get to keep the eels, which he cooked for supper the following day. (Aren't I a lucky woman?) I'm telling you this story to explain why I am having trouble sleeping tonight and am blogging past 1 o'clock in the morning: My apartment still reeks of eels! Anyone have any suggestions to get rid of the smell? It is sooo gross!!!




:
hey cindi,
thanks for being positive. i mean it just shocked me thats all. i thought everyone had a great nite. looking forward to misbehaving on the san in coast. ooh also am going to visit heki in a few weeks and i get the monday off are you near doigohama> i can`t for the life of me remember
I live near the Kogushi train station on the San-in Line. Where is Doigohama, anyway? Your knowledge of this area is remarkable.
Kogushi! Many a time I had to change trains for heki there. First time wanting to make good impression Alistair and I were in full chat and missed the norikae when the train started going backwards, facking embarressing eh! They had to come pick us up and from then on in every fax about what we`d be doing for class in big bold print NORIKAE at kogushi. I remember one frightfully cold morning virtually inhaling my 100 yen coffee and the sleet and snow cut me in half. I come from a place where a cold winters day is 18 C! heres a map link
go to mapion.co.jp and click on the guch and click on the north western corner doigohama is wws of kottoi eki. there is like a flag thingy. :) glad to be of assistance. as an exchange student you get a LOT of time on your hands to explore and of course PARTY>
Post a Comment
<< Home