Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Seeking Karaoke Asylum

I was just approached by my kyoto sensei who requested that I sing a Stevie Wonder song at this year's bunkasai (cultural festival) in front of the ENTIRE SCHOOL!!! Last year he requested I sing either the Beatles or the Carpenters (surprise, surprise), but I managed to politely decline. However, this year he seems more insistant. I told him that I was onchi (tone deaf), but he just disagreed with me (obviously, he has never heard me sing) and said I will do it. Only recently have I begun singing karaoke in front of people other than relatives and am not ready to sing in front of an entire school. What should I do? Help me!

:

Blogger . said...

hehe you poor chook. do you want me to come up there and where the chicken hat or gimp mask to reduce the embarressment>

August 24, 2005  
Blogger J-girl said...

Oh, yes! Gimp masks and chicken hats are always inconspicuous and don't attract unwanted attention. LMAO. You are CRAZY!

August 26, 2005  
Blogger J-girl said...

By the way, exactly what is a "chook"?

August 26, 2005  
Blogger . said...

chook is aussie ben for chicken. you call ya mates chook. it is a pet name so too speak. massive post kencho craziness and debauchery and i think we made ammends with the 2nd years....will blog about it when i get home.

August 28, 2005  
Blogger J-girl said...

Chook means chicken? Well, in that case, you are the biggest chook I know. Good to hear you made up with the 2nd years. I look forward to reading your blog about it.

August 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shout Outs

Sugoi Sites

  • acrophobia (the game)
  • bunny suicides
  • ebonics translator
  • domo-kun
  • emily the strange
  • flavorgirl
  • fruits j-fashion
  • geek gear
  • halvsies
  • j american citizens league
  • j american wwii experience
  • japandering ads
  • language translator
  • offbeat usa
  • pucca
  • roger shimomura
  • save a life
  • sumo
  • tropical storms
  • yamaguchi ajet