Saturday, August 27, 2005

J-Fashion Victim

I purchased this tank yesterday (see left), believing it was a perfectly acceptable, appropriate, and fashionable item of clothing. That was until I saw the picture my husband took of me wearing it. What was I thinking?! Is this a sign that I should depart Japan immediately? Should I have myself committed to a mental institution? Should I change my name to Olga? (After all, I am looking to legally change my first name--see "Back to Work" entry.) Is it a sign of mental illness that I am even allowing other people to view this embarrassing photo? Maybe I should remove it... Then again, I don't think my blog has many readers as of yet, so it's probably okay to let it remain.

:

Blogger porchmouse said...

Hello from Canada! I do read your blog. In fact I have it bookmarked so keep in mind that some people are always reading it. I like the tank. I've never been to Japan so I'm not sure how it compares to what others are wearing. I would love to take off and live there for a year though. I also really enjoyed the pic of you all dressed up like Star Wars. Keep wearing the tank! :)

August 27, 2005  
Blogger J-girl said...

Sue,
People ARE reading my blog?! So I should definitely remove the pic then! ...Kidding. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

August 27, 2005  
Blogger Victoria said...

haha! I too have fallen victim to the japanese fashion sense. today I am wearing what would be called a maternity shirt in america....and I like it :+>

August 29, 2005  
Blogger J-girl said...

Cool! I like maternity shirts, too (although none of the ones I actually wore when I actually was pregnant).

August 29, 2005  
Blogger Turning Japanese said...

Hmm intersting choice. You'd be surprised about some of the fashions back home.
Enjoy it and wear what ou want to wear.

September 04, 2005  
Blogger J-girl said...

What ARE the fashions in the Western world these days? After 2 years, I'm afraid I am out of touch (and becoming more so all the time!).

September 04, 2005  
Blogger J-girl said...

Ringoboy, IS IT? I bet you think you are sneaky, but I know all about you. :P

September 10, 2005  
Blogger J-girl said...

Well, actually, I find it even MORE creepy coming from you. ;) When are YOU going to start a blog, Ringoboy?

September 10, 2005  
Blogger Wayne said...

Nice tank top
soulsurfers
Carlsbad, Calif.

September 15, 2005  
Blogger J-girl said...

Ringoboy:
No, we can't email like normal people, because we aren't normal! But I guess we can always abnormally email.

Soul Surfers:
You wouldn't by any chance be friends with ringoboy, would you?

September 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shout Outs

Sugoi Sites

  • acrophobia (the game)
  • bunny suicides
  • ebonics translator
  • domo-kun
  • emily the strange
  • flavorgirl
  • fruits j-fashion
  • geek gear
  • halvsies
  • j american citizens league
  • j american wwii experience
  • japandering ads
  • language translator
  • offbeat usa
  • pucca
  • roger shimomura
  • save a life
  • sumo
  • tropical storms
  • yamaguchi ajet