Sunday, August 21, 2005

Back to Work ...sigh

After a lengthy vacation, I find myself once again sitting at my office desk. Taking my own kencho lecture into consideration, I have decided to make a list of productive things to do during my spare time at work. Here it is so far:

  • Study Japanese. (NOTE: This list isn't ordered according to priorities--at this point, I need to further my Japanese about as urgently as Japanese housewives need to further their English.)
  • Study for the GRE. (Graduate Record Examination--Need to take it to get into graduate school back home.)
  • Find more effective way to Everett English. (Youngest child seems to babble in some sort of Japanese/English creole these days.)
  • Make up new, interesting English lessons for Jared. (In a year he will be starting the 3rd grade in the U.S. with no previous Western schooling. YIKES!)
  • Liquidate unnecessary belongings. (Anyone need a large supply of Pokemon toys?)
  • Think of a new first name for myself. (This is NOT a joke--My name actually reads "Cindi" on my birth certificate. This should be a nickname, not a formal name. I want to change it soon after returning to the States.)

Okay, I guess I should begin working on one of these objectives instead of just talking about them. Later!

:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shout Outs

Sugoi Sites

  • acrophobia (the game)
  • bunny suicides
  • ebonics translator
  • domo-kun
  • emily the strange
  • flavorgirl
  • fruits j-fashion
  • geek gear
  • halvsies
  • j american citizens league
  • j american wwii experience
  • japandering ads
  • language translator
  • offbeat usa
  • pucca
  • roger shimomura
  • save a life
  • sumo
  • tropical storms
  • yamaguchi ajet